Shores of Serendipity Yoga Instructor Nancy Moelaert offers Kripalu Yoga Classes and Body Rolling in Courtenay, Comox, Black Creek , Campbell River, BC
Body Rolling Workshop
Sunday March 5th, 2023
9:30 to noon
Black Creek Community Hall
Investment $45 - please register with hall 250-337-5190 or online
What Is Body Rolling?
Body Rolling is a completely original fitness and therapy practice that combines healing, wellness, and injury prevention in a single, simple workout. Body Rolling heals body problems at the same time that it helps you get in shape. Body Rolling offers all these benefits:
· Tones and elongates muscles
· Improves alignment
· Increases circulation
· Develops and maintains core strength
· Stimulates nerve roots
· Stimulates organs
· Increases metabolism
· Relaxes the nervous system
· Expands the lungs and deepens breathing
· Increases body awareness
Body Rolling consists of a series of routines that use a 4 to 10 inch inflatable ball to stretch muscles, freeing restrictions in all parts of the body, increasing blood flow, and promoting healing. Body Rolling empowers people to tone, strengthen, and realign their own bodies and to prevent and fix all sorts of body problems.
Benefits of Body Rolling
As a fitness practice, Body Rolling enables everybody to achieve the level of fitness they want. People can also use it as a self-therapy to free up physical, restrictions, prevent and heal injuries, and experience a new level of ease and well being in body and mind. Body Rolling will enhance performance in any exercise, sport, or fitness program. And it creates a leaner, well-aligned body.
Body Rolling actually represents a new type of stretching: not static, not ballistic, nor active isolated stretching. In these forms of stretching, it's mostly the body of the muscle that does the stretch, while the tendons often pull toward the bone.
By contrast, Body Rolling stretching is weight-bearing, and it works the muscle's entire length—including the tendons. It starts by stimulating bone. Then the ball slides into the muscle's origin, leading the entire muscle to elongate out toward its insertion.
· Increased range of motion, muscle length and tone, and circulation as muscles are freed from each other, from bone, and from connective tissue
· Improved musculoskeletal alignment
· Better bone quality
· A healthier spine, as decompressed nerve roots allow a free flow of energy to revitalize internal organs and the nervous system
· Freedom from old restrictive patterns caused by injury
· Better balance and equilibrium as core strength develops
· Increased lung capacity and fuller use of the breath
· Stress reduction as the ball directly stimulates the spinal nerve roots, soothing the nervous system
· Greater body awareness, as you learn to listen to the messages the body sends
· The ability to prevent and heal injuries through problem-solving, with your own body
· Freedom from emotional restrictions held in the body, as trauma and old memories are released from the tissues
· Creates space releasing pain due to sprains, strains, muscle spasm, compression or restriction
Body Rolling / Yoga Fusion is a blend of Kripalu Yoga and Yamuna Body Rolling
I really enjoyed class tonight.,
very soothing, relaxing, yet
challenging. I drove home
feeling light , free and relaxed.
Thank you for the work you do.
I got SO much out of your class
with you helping me into the correct
alignment of the postures. I could
feel my body change and open,
which re-energized my whole being.
I love how my breath continues
to be so deep for days afterwards.
You are an amazingly gifted teacher.